We are hiring a Community Health Manager!
Send cover letter and resume to Bnajera@mswomenscenter.org
JOB TITLE: Community Health Program Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Director/Director of Programs
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $33,000-$37,000 (starting salary based on experience)
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt/Full Time (Monday-Friday with occasional nights and weekends)
The Martinez Street Women’s Center transforms communities through women and girls by providing access to vital health services, quality education, and advocacy. Martinez Street Women’s Center envisions a world where women and girls achieve empowerment, equity, and justice.
The ideal candidate for this position can share their a passion for grassroots community transformation, and connect their volunteer or professional experiences to our mission. The candidate should have a clear understanding of the promotora model, and can talk about and implement programming that takes into account the social determinants of health. Our organizational philosophy is based on understanding the implications and intersections of sexism, racism, and other forms of oppression that prevent full participation for women and girls. Women, people of color, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Community Health Program Manager works with the Executive Director and/or future Director of Programs to ensure planning, development, implementation and result tracking of Community Health Initiatives. The Community Health Manager will directly coordinate, supervise and lead the Community Health team of 5+ Promotoras / Community Health Workers.
Current Initiatives include:
- Parent Zone-Triple P parenting model through United Way Hopes III Initiative
- Pathways HUB-One on one care coordination through MSWC Promotoras
- Breast Health Education and screening access
- Woman Zone-Woman-led educational opportunities and community building cohort
- Community garden and food pantry
- Plans and facilitates programming where appropriate
- Direct contact and engagement clients for all Community Health initiatives
- Serves as a representative of the Center and its values
- Organizes community health events and supports center wide events for other MSWC programs
- Organizes community for projects assigned according to identified community issues
- Plans outreach activities and utilizes best practices as modified with culturally relevant curricula
- Collects and aggregates data in Salesforce and funder mandated databases, for reporting to Director of Programs and Executive Director
- Performs general administrative tasks to support the program
- Maintains administrative records including but not limited to: registration forms, permission forms, attendance, list of contacts, monthly or weekly calendar, planning documents, email correspondence, and other documents as requested by Director of Programs or Executive Director
- Leads and motivates Community Health Worker and/or Promotora team
- Participates in team performance evaluations
- Collaborates with the Director of Programs and Executive Director to ensure excellent programming that meets the Center’s mission and funding guidelines.
- Coordinates staff schedules, volunteer opportunities, and special guests
- Ensures the purchase of program supplies
- Secures transportation when needed
- Supervises program intern team
- 5 years experience in Community Health and/or Health and human services preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in community health, public health, or social services preferred
- Community Health Worker Certification a plus
- 2+ years supervisory or management experience
- Community organizing experience a plus
- Spanish bilingual required
- Excellent communication skills, organized, and punctuality is required
- Must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner
- Demonstrates respect for others at all times
- Demonstrates leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members in a team environment
Martinez Street Women’s Center (MSWC) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Martinez Street Women’s Center will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Resume and cover letter should be sent to Bnajera@mswomenscenter.org
Needed: Communications Intern
Please contact Jasmine.Dev@mswomenscenter.org for details.
There are many other ways to get involved with our Center. Click the links below for more, and if you need further assistance, please call our office at 210-908-9772.
To Volunteer, please email the Program Manager you’d like to work with.
For Internships, please visit the page on our website dedicated to internship information.
For questions about making a donation, please reach out to our Executive Director.
To stay in touch and learn about upcoming events, please subscribe to our email list.