We are hiring!!
Send cover letter and resume to Bnajera@mswomenscenter.org
JOB TITLE: CH Program Manager Full-Time
REPORTS TO: E.D./Program Director Salary range $31,000-$35,000 CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
The Program Manager is responsible for the management, facilitation, and strategic implementation of the Community Health program. The position is a Full-Time position.
- Oversees and Facilitates programming including interacting with clients for Breast Health, our Women’s group, parenting classes, Westside garden, and new initiatives as assigned
- Serves as a representative of the Center to program partners
- Organizes and implements community health events and supports center wide events
- Organizes parents for projects assigned according to identified community issues
- Plans outreach activities and utilizes best practices as modified by updated and culturally relevant curricula
- Collects and aggregates data for reporting to Executive Director, Board of Directors and funders
- Prepares accurate reporting to funders according to funding guidelines and grant or contract timelines
- Organizes basic needs referral information provided by Project Coordinator for center-wide reporting
- Performs general administrative tasks to support the program (scanning, printing, organizing, etc.)
- Maintains administrative records (registration forms, permission forms, attendance, list of contacts, monthly or weekly calendar, planning documents, email correspondence, and other documents as requested by the Executive Director)
- Responsible for some staff management including participation in performance evaluations and disciplinary processes
- Works with the Executive Director to ensure quality programming that meets the Center’s mission and funding guidelines.
- Manages staff schedules, volunteer opportunities, and special guests
- Shares responsibility for the purchase of program supplies
- Plans transportation
- Communicates with promotoras (community health workers) regarding program processes, client needs and observations
- Interview, coordinate and manage intern team from various schools
- 3-5 years experience in Community Health and/or Health and human services
- CHW Certification a plus
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Spanish bilingual
- Excellent communication skills, organized, and punctuality is required
- Must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for others at all times
- Demonstrated leadership
- 2-3 years experience in data management and program evaluation methods
- Able to work collaboratively with other staff members in a team environment
- No special licenses required
- All applicants will be required to sign a release form for the Center to conduct a criminal record background search. This is a prerequisite to working with families.
- Must have access to reliable transportation. Mileage will be reimbursed for outside travel for programming with proof of insurance and valid registration
- Must be able to work the hours required by the program. (The hours are Monday – Friday 9AM – 6PM, some nights and weekends required.
- Must dress professionally and/or appropriate as outlined in the personnel policies
There are many other ways to get involved with our Center. Click the links below for more, and if you need further assistance, please call our office at 210-908-9772.
To Volunteer, please email the Program Manager you’d like to work with.
For Internships, please visit the page on our website dedicated to internship information.
For questions about making a donation, please reach out to our Executive Director.
To stay in touch and learn about upcoming events, please subscribe to our email list.