We are hiring!
Position: Grants and Development Specialist
Apply to: Bnajera@mswomenscenter.org
Job Type: Full-time, Monday through Friday (occasional evenings & weekends)
Compensation: $35,000-$40,000 annually, plus benefits
Reports to: Executive Director
Mission and Vision:
The Martinez Street Women’s Center transforms communities through women and girls by providing access to vital health services, quality education, and advocacy. We envision a world where women and girls achieve empowerment, equity, and justice.
Description: The Grants & Development Specialist role is to assist the Executive Director with leading and implementing all facets of MSWC’s development activities and ensuring their effectiveness. Activities will include grant research and writing, compliance reporting, special event planning and other development and administrative functions.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
– Research and identify foundation, government, and corporate funders in relation to identified MSWC needs.
– Maintain a comprehensive annual grants calendar.
– Work closely with the Executive Director and other program staff to identify needs and prioritize grant opportunities.
– Prepare, coordinate and submit grant proposals on-time; and in complete order.
– Coordinate the submission of grant reports and required documentation by deadlines.
– Prepare and maintain grant records (grant files, internal/ external statistics), review complex documents, reports, etc. to ensure compliance with funding source regulations.
– Prepare monthly development reports for Executive Director and Board of Directors.
– Attend grant workshops/information meetings, in-person networking and community events that will establish and/or maintain positive relationships with funding sources.
– Assist in the research, and planning of engaging with direct cultivation of major prospects, including individuals and corporations.
– Identify, plan, manage, and evaluate high performing events and campaigns in cooperation with the Executive Director, staff and Board of Directors.
– Other duties assigned by the Executive Director
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance Project Management, Non Profit Management preferred or comparable skill set obtained through experience.
Experience: 3-5 years experience in grant writing and development. 3-5 years administration experience, non-profit preferred
- Advanced computer skills, proficient knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel, Database management
- Strong math skills
- Strong writing and proof reading skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Knowledgeable of social justice issues
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Project management skills are a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple short-term assignments
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders member of team
- Ability to be innovative and proactive to solving problems and finding solution
Persons interested in applying for this position should send a resume and cover letter. Thank you for applying for this position. Martinez Street Women’s Center (MSWC) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Martinez Street Women’s Center will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
There are many other ways to get involved with our Center. Click the links below for more, and if you need further assistance, please call our office at 210-908-9772.
To Volunteer, please email the Program Manager you’d like to work with.
For Internships, please visit the page on our website dedicated to internship information.
For questions about making a donation, please reach out to our Executive Director.
To stay in touch and learn about upcoming events, please subscribe to our email list.