We are Hiring!
Job Title: Director of Programs Salary Range $42,000-$50,000
FTE: 1.0 LAST UPDATE: January 2019
REPORTS TO: Executive Director CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
DATE OF POSTING: 2/11/19-3/1/19
Our mission at the Martinez Street Women’s Center is to transform communities through women and girls by providing access to vital health services, quality education, and advocacy. Martinez Street Women’s Center envisions a world where women and girls achieve empowerment, equity, and justice.
Martinez Street Women’s Center is an organization that values compassion, solidarity, collaboration, and creativity, with a focus on community and social justice. The ideal candidate will embody these values and have a space to share their talents, passion, and expertise. The candidate should have a clear understanding of the Promotora Model, Community Health, Youth Development, Restorative and Transformative Justice with a focus on community organizing and advocacy. Our organizational philosophy is based on understanding the implications and intersections of sexism, racism, and other forms of oppression that prevent full participation for women and girls.
The Director of Programs is responsible for the operational success of The Martinez Street Women’s Center’s Community Health and Girl Zone programs, ensuring seamless team management and professional development, program delivery, data, and metric management and continuous quality improvement and evaluation. The Director of Programs will directly supervise two Program Managers and serve as the KMSW Radio Station Manager
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA and gender non-conforming individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Girl Zone Manager, Community Health Manager, Radio Administrator, and Radio Producer
- Cultivate new and nurture existing relationships with community partners and school districts with the goal of ensuring programmatic space, resources, and access to services.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Be an external facing representative for MSWC Program partnerships
- Join the leadership team in developing strategies to enhance the overall health and well-being of The Martinez Street Women’s Center
Team Management and Development:
- Implement a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Work with program management to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for programs.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling consistent oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
Program Operational Management:
- Establish consistent, objective program performance standards
- Work with Development team for external facing messaging, event planning, and coordination
- Utilize data management system; Sales Force for accurate data management and reporting and
- Create reports highlighting high-quality program evaluation for Executive Director, funders, Board of Directors, and Radio Station Stakeholders.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team management, supervisory skills, program development and, data management experience to grow and further develop proven programs. The successful candidate will direct and strengthen programs for sustainability and impact while, partnering with the Executive Director and working collaboratively with management team.
Specific knowledge/skills/abilities include
- 7+ years relevant experience
- 5 years of experience in team management/supervisory
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models
- Results in selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Strong project management experience with complex, multifaceted initiatives resulting in measurable successes and community impact
- Creating collaborative high-performance, constructive peer groups
- Strengths in recruitment, selection and retention of individuals and teams
- Experience in developing empowering team members to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control, and performance
- Understanding of human resources, employee performance, and improvement plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to details
- Ability to exude a spirit of compassion, solidarity, collaboration, and creativity,
- Commitment and passion for The Martinez Street Women’s Center’s Mission and Vision
The Martinez Street Women’s Center (MSWC) provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Martinez Street Women’s Center will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Needed: Program Interns and volunteers
There are many other ways to get involved with our Center. Click the links below for more, and if you need further assistance, please call our office at 210-908-9772.
To Volunteer, please email the Program Manager you’d like to work with.
For Internships, please visit the page on our website dedicated to internship information.
For questions about making a donation, please reach out to our Executive Director.
To stay in touch and learn about upcoming events, please subscribe to our email list.