We are hiring!
POSITION SUMMARY: 2 Girl Zone Educators PT/$12/hr
The Girl Zone Educator is responsible for program facilitation at participating SAISD schools, field trips, spring break, summer camp, and projects as assigned.
- Implements after school, Spring Break, and or summer programming
- Maintains communication with parents
- Shares responsibility for the purchase of program groceries and supplies
- Conducts photo and video documentation of daily activities, including proper storage of photos
- Prepares healthy snacks
- Communicates with workshop facilitators, partner organizations, and guest speakers
- Performs lesson prep work for Girl Zone at the Center before programming begins
- Provides guidance to participants/volunteers/parents
- Arrives at designated times to prepare for program activities
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- Cleans site location after sessions have been dismissed
- Collects and maintains student data such as registration forms, daily attendance, updated permission forms, and grade data
- Participates in evening and weekend field trips as requested
- Attends all mandatory staff meetings and scheduled events as assigned.
EDUCATION: HS diploma, college preferred
- Previous experience working with elementary and/or middle school youth required
- Excellent communication skills, organized, and punctuality a must
- Clients for the Girl Zone Educator are the girl participants and their families, many of whom experience financial and personal barriers in the pursuit of their own wellbeing. This position requires excellent communication skills to build trust with girls and provide support and guidance.
- Client families may be referred by other agencies to attend our parenting programs or may need additional casework services. The Educator must be able to express client family needs to the Program Manager to ensure proper handling of these issues.
- Must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner that demonstrates respect for others at all times
- Demonstrate leadership in the facilitation of program activities
- Able to work collaboratively with other staff members in a team environment
Please email cover letter and resume to Victoria@mswomenscenter.org
There are many other ways to get involved with our Center. Click the links below for more, and if you need further assistance, please call our office.
To Volunteer, please email the Program Manager you’d like to work with.
For Internships, please visit the page on our website dedicated to internship information.
For questions about making a donation, please reach out to our Executive Director.
To stay in touch and learn about upcoming events, please subscribe to our email list.